VC Outlaws VC Outlaws
Kampioen 2010 & 2011
VC Outlaws
FAQFAQ  ZoekenZoeken  RegistrerenRegistreren  ProfielProfiel  GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst  GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen  Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken  InloggenInloggen 
klik voor meer informatie
There was something a tad naive about the voracity with whi

Reageren    VC Outlaws -> Mededelingen & Feedback
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
jokergreen0220
Kruimeldief

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-03-2020 08:35:37    Onderwerp: There was something a tad naive about the voracity with whi Reageren met citaat

There was something a tad naive about the voracity with which Toronto FC fans greeted the final whistle Wednesday night, as their team triumphed 2-1 over the Whitecaps. Jack May Jersey Store . If it was just an MLS regular season game, the reaction might have been warranted. Jermaine Defoe and Michael Bradley, Torontos two superstars scored on either side of half-time in top dollar fashion... with cool, composed precision. On any other day, that would have been three points with the two highest profile players justifying their worth. But this was not just a game, this was the first leg of two-game total goals series, in which away goals count as the first tiebreaker. And Torontos opponent wasnt a full-fledged MLS experienced squad, it was a team of kids including three 17-year-olds. A 19-year-old (Kekuta Manneh) came off the bench and bagged a critical goal in second half stoppage time, that puts the Whitecaps in pretty good shape heading home for that second leg next Wednesday at BC Place (7:30pm pt). It was a Whitecaps team that averaged just over 22 years of age, or about five years younger per player than those in red. The average salary per player, well... that was about a 15-1 difference favouring TFC on the night. And so the context of Wednesdays win should have garnered a different reaction from the home faithful. They should have been annoyed that TFC didnt capitalize on some of its gilt-edged chances in the first half, which might have seen a much wider scoreline at the break. And they should have been devastated at conceding a goal in the dying embers of the second half, having just been put in a great 2-0 position by Michael Bradleys marauding run and clinical finish minutes before. And all of that occurring at home, against a team that is still learning how to shave! The combatants Wednesday gave us an interesting illustration of two entirely different approaches to building a club. I, for one, have absolutely no problem with a team in Canada executing arguably the biggest off-season double swoop in MLS history. Its a top-down approach which has (its early, yes) seemingly paid off already. Interest has been renewed along with many season tickets, in a market that has been exceedingly tolerant of rebuilds. But theres a temporary feeling to that philosophy, much like BMO field itself. Built for today, not for tomorrow. (That, by the way, will change upon approval of an ambitious $100 million redesign to TFCs home.) To use a Mothers Day example, is it better to give Mom a beautiful store-bought bouquet or pick the ones you grew in your garden? If Moms happy either way, does the method matter? The Whitecaps are committed to growing their own. Perhaps thats the reason for so much enthusiasm in Vancouver right now; the sense of sustainability from a foundation built on youth. The tangible potential was there for everyone to see, even though the end product wasnt. Time will tell which supporters will be cheering the loudest on final whistles to come as two Canadian clubs chart their courses into the future. But I get the feeling after Wednesday, Whitecaps fans are pretty optimistic about the ship theyre sailing on. Don Wells Jersey Store . -- Blake Griffin scored 32 points and grabbed eight rebounds, DeAndre Jordan had 14 points and 22 rebounds and the Los Angeles Clippers outlasted the Golden State Warriors 98-96 on Thursday night to take a 2-1 lead in their first-round series. Bobo Wilson Jersey Store . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. https://www.chinacheapjerseys.net/walt-schupp-jersey-store/ . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive.DENVER -- Dishing the ball to the open man in the first half opened the door to Randy Foyes offensive surge in the second half. Foye scored 24 of his 30 points in the last 24 minutes, going 7 for 7 from the field in the third quarter, and the Denver Nuggets hung on to beat the Houston Rockets 123-116 on Wednesday night. Kenneth Faried had 23 points and Timofey Mozgov added 22 for the Nuggets, who beat the Rockets for the first time in three tries this season. Foye also had 15 assists, 11 of them coming in the first half. "I just think it was a Karma thing, where in the beginning, I had some shots where I could have come off (pick-and-rolls) and pulled up, but I passed it to Kenneth, passed it to Timo, got those guys going," Foye said. "That kind of opened everything up. When I was coming off pick-and-rolls later, they were so concerned with our bigs that I was coming off and knocking them down." Houston coach Kevin McHale said the Rockets have to play stronger defensively. "Our defence is bad," he said. "Faried and Mozgov were just running down the floor, posting us up and throwing us out of the way. We had no answers for them. In the third quarter, we got them somewhat under control and then Foye went crazy." Jeremy Lin led eight Houston players in double figures with 18 points. Both teams were missing key players heading into the game and the Rockets got a scare when James Harden, leading a fast break, banged his left shin in a collision with Aaron Brooks midway through the third quarter. Fouled on the play, Harden made both free throws and left the game briefly to have the leg tended to before returning to action, though he only played sparingly aafter the injury. Geoff Schwartz Jersey Store. "I guess I got kneed in the shin but it was pretty painful. For a couple of seconds, my leg was numb," Harden said. In the post-season, Harden said he would have finished the game. "But today was kind of pointless. Four more games left and were trying to stay (in the No. 4 playoff seed)," Harden said. Houstons Dwight Howard, bothered by a left ankle sprain, did not play for the 10th time in the last 12 games. Denver was without Wilson Chandler (left groin strain) and Ty Lawson (left ankle sprain). Trailing by 10 at the half, Houston pulled to 94-86 on a jumper by Chandler Parsons late in the third quarter. Foye, though, hit a long jumper, starting an 11-2 run over a 2 1/2-minute stretch that put Denver in front 105-88 heading into the fourth quarter. Houston made a late push, getting within 118-114 on a 3-pointer by Troy Daniels and a tip-in by Isaiah Canaan with 2:24 left to play. But Foye banked in a jumper and Evan Fournier connected on a 3-pointer in successive Denver possessions to fend off the Rockets rally. The Rockets, trailing by as many as 19 points earlier in the game, put together an 8-0 burst to cut the deficit to 58-53 with 1:44 left in the second quarter. Lin and Parsons each had 3-pointers in the stretch. Faried responded by converting a three-point play, helping Denver rebuild its lead to 68-58 at halftime. NOTES: The Rockets are 8-19 when trailing at halftime. ... Houston, which beat the Lakers in Los Angeles on Tuesday, fell to 5-4 in the second game of back-to-backs this season. ... Foye scored 30 or more points for the second time this season. He had a season-high 33 on Jan. 29 against Charlotte. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Reageren    VC Outlaws -> Mededelingen & Feedback Tijden zijn in GMT
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: