VC Outlaws VC Outlaws
Kampioen 2010 & 2011
VC Outlaws
FAQFAQ  ZoekenZoeken  RegistrerenRegistreren  ProfielProfiel  GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst  GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen  Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken  InloggenInloggen 
klik voor meer informatie
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia -- Croatia reached the semifinals of th

Reageren    VC Outlaws -> Mededelingen & Feedback
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
jokergreen0220
Kruimeldief

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-03-2020 08:16:30    Onderwerp: LJUBLJANA, Slovenia -- Croatia reached the semifinals of th Reageren met citaat

LJUBLJANA, Slovenia -- Croatia reached the semifinals of the European basketball championship for the first time in 18 years by defeating Ukraine 84-72 Thursday. Tom Nelson . Croatia will play Lithuania, which edged Italy 81-77. France and two-time defending champion Spain will play the other semifinal on Friday. Croatia has won eight straight games since losing its opening game of the tournament to Spain by 28 points. "Its a long time since weve been in the semifinals. That was the first target for this young, talented generation, but this story is too beautiful to stop here," Croatia coach Jasmin Repesa said. "Honestly, we expected to be in the semis, we have quality and a system." Croatia is seeking to make the podium for the first time since it took bronze at the 1995 tournament in Greece, where it fell to Lithuania in the semifinals. The only time Croatia played in a final was at the 1992 Olympics, when it lost to the U.S. Dream Team. Dontaye Draper, Croatias American-born point guard, had two steals and six points in a key 13-0 run at the start of the second quarter, when Ukraine failed to score in five minutes and had three turnovers while missing five straight 3-point attempts. "I looked at my teammates and I heard them say, Ajde, and I just tried to get some energy, to get something going, even a foul, anything," said Draper, who finished with six assists and four steals to go with six points. Ajde is Croatian for "come on." Croatia used relentless zone pressing to lead by as many as 19. "The second quarter was our demise, we lost control of the game then," Ukraine coach Mike Fratello said. "We gave the ball away 17 times and you cant do that against a team like this." Shooting guard Krunoslav Simon led Croatia with 23 points, while Pooh Jeter, another American-born point guard, had 19 points, six rebounds and six assists for Ukraine, which was in the quarterfinals for the first time. "We were completely lost in the second quarter," said Viacheslav Kravtsov, Ukraines NBA centre. Lithuania won the European title in 2003 and was bronze medallist at the 2010 worlds. But it has not made the podium in Europe since the 2007 bronze and lost in the quarterfinals at home two years ago. Lithuania had a big size advantage over Italy and it was centre Donatas Motiejunas who had a pair of important consecutive layups in the fourth. Since winning a silver medal at the 2004 Olympics, Italy has not been able to reach the quarterfinals in any major competition. It failed to qualify for the last two Olympics and last world championship. "They destroyed us in the low post at the start of the fourth, they have too much size. When you are tired they can use the size for easy baskets," Italy coach Simone Pianigiani said. Earlier, Slovenia earned a place in next years World Cup by beating Serbia 92-74. Slovenia will play for fifth place and Serbia for seventh on Saturday. Ukraine and Italy will decide on Friday which of them will meet Slovenia. Seventh place will earn a spot at the World Cup because host Spain is a direct qualifier and already in the European semifinals. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount . So it was understandable if he was a little shaky early in his return to the Texas Rangers rotation. He spent most of the outing searching for his best stuff, but still managed to shut down the struggling Minnesota Twins offence. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Online . - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. https://www.cheapnfljerseyschina.co/hop-riopel-jersey-for-sale/ . The San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders are giving it a try, too.TSNs Jack Armstrong offers his thoughts on the surprising Indian Pacers, a passive Chris Bosh, John Beilein as a head coach candidate, Scott Brooks big test and the breakout opportunity for Kawai Leonard. 1. Indiana Pacers: Who were those guys on Sunday? Wow. Where you been? Complete and total all-around performance on both sides of the ball. Can they sustain this for three more wins? Not convinced yet but they surely gained confidence that if they play to the level of their potential like Sunday, they can go toe-to-toe with Miami. 2. Chris Bosh (Heat): Too often was passive on Sunday and didnt exert his will. Hes a tough cover on the perimeter for David West and Roy Hibbert. Must show up and play with more energy and efficency. When hes making his mid-range jumper along with a few 3s, the court gets spaced out and the Heat are tough to stop. Need him engaged defensively and on the boards as well. 3. John Beilein (University of Michigan): Ive said all along the best target for GMs looking for a head coach was Stan Van Gundy. The Pistons made a smart move getting him. Now I will follow up once again on what Ive said many times before. If you are a GM thats progressive and willing to think outside the box instead of hiring a retread former head coach or some name ex-player, go get this guy. Pound for pound as good a coach thats out there today. Some college coaches cant or wwont make the NBA jump. Jamie Thompson. I have NO doubt that hed be an outstanding coup for a pro team. Hes a brilliant tactician, developer of talent and as imaginative an offensive mind that youll find out there today. It will take an owner and GM that have a true sense of the sport but if I were in the shoes of one of the five current teams with an opening, I would be trying to convince him to join my team. Teams spend a fortune in salaries and trying to develop young players yet throw money away doing the same old, same old. I assure you that this guy has IT. Makes a lot and actually too much sense to me. 4. Scott Brooks (Thunder): With Serge Ibaka out for the series, the head coach of the Thunder needs to mix/match with his front court rotations and find a way to get Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook in space to create tremendous scoring chances yet make sure the ball moves with a purpose and not be too ISO oriented. Balance and proper usage are critical here. Major test of his creativity. 5. Kawai Leonard (Spurs): Last years playoffs were a breakout forum for him and that has to continue here. Outstanding defender who will have his hands full at his position and has the shot-making ability on the perimeter to impact the series. He must be that consistent player with all aspects of his game. Need big-time effort out of a guy that can greatly impact the series. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Reageren    VC Outlaws -> Mededelingen & Feedback Tijden zijn in GMT
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: